Canadian with late application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slick90210

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Since many of us are waiting for the Canadian DAT are you guys planning on applying this cycle? Is your AADSAS application submitted just waiting on DAT scores?
I plan on applying next year around this time but my DAT scores will probably only come in this week. (I took it the first time just for fun)

My GPA would be consisting of
Approx. 4 this year. Which comes to a cGPA of around 3.5.

I know applying early is the key but would it even be worth it if i scored 20/21AA or so? Submitting mid-Dec is quite late.

I hope someone can shed some light!

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!
Since many of us are waiting for the Canadian DAT are you guys planning on applying this cycle? Is your AADSAS application submitted just waiting on DAT scores?
I plan on applying next year around this time but my DAT scores will probably only come in this week. (I took it the first time just for fun)

hiya im a canadian, and i just wrote the can dats. i also wrote the american one back in feb. For american schools you really need to have your complete application in the system by august or so to have a fighting chance, so waiting around for dat scores probably isnt such a great plan, good idea to write them for fun though i did that once for the can dats and once for the american ones. isnt there another month its offered? like april or seomthing, cause that would work for sure. or just bone up on organic chem and take the american one anyday of the year :)

Ahhh! :p You are killing me. I can't see myself writing the American one but I guess it might dawn upon me that it's neccesary.
I am currently in 3rd year and I feel like I am in a real pickle.

I only have a shot at UWO and a bit of a shot at UofT after 4th year.
I will not have a shot at the States because I will not have a good DAT score by .... this coming Summer. My whole plan was maybe I could get a good DAT score next Dec. and put it in my AADSAS application but I guess that would be way too late?

I may wait a year (not go to school after 4th year) and reapply... using that time to study for the cDAT a third and final time if neccesary and go from there but if my second DAT score isn't good enough then I may have to go write the American Dat's in the summer after my 4th year so I can atleast have an application set up if I need to wait a 5th year.

I just can't find the time to study for the DAT and study for school. I have a really great GPA right now (not cumulative) but even with an 88.5% or so i'm not guarenteed anything in Canada.

Thanks I hope my reply made sense... I have an exam tomorrow and its 5:10am :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh! :p You are killing me. I can't see myself writing the American one but I guess it might dawn upon me that it's neccesary.

Thanks I hope my reply made sense... I have an exam tomorrow and its 5:10am :)

well good luck with the exam, and its really good that you are planning ahead for all this, and im sorry im killing you, but i wouldnt put all your eggs in the canadian baskets, i did and i got destroyed (i had an interview in 2007 at uwo, but was beat out by people with MSc, and who can answer their robot interview questions) to get an interview at uoft you need at least a gpa of 3.90 of your best 3 years.
maybe study for the dat during the summer (ie take a dat course or get a kaplan book or something, i got one and it helped alot) and take the american dat at the end of the summer, then be ready to write the cdat in nov. then apply with those scores for 2010. waiting around for another year will probably drive you crazy and lots of schools prefer you to be what they call "academically active" meaning you have a full course load going.
hope this helps!

well good luck with the exam, and its really good that you are planning ahead for all this, and im sorry im killing you, but i wouldnt put all your eggs in the canadian baskets, i did and i got destroyed (i had an interview in 2007 at uwo, but was beat out by people with MSc, and who can answer their robot interview questions) to get an interview at uoft you need at least a gpa of 3.90 of your best 3 years.
maybe study for the dat during the summer (ie take a dat course or get a kaplan book or something, i got one and it helped alot) and take the american dat at the end of the summer, then be ready to write the cdat in nov. then apply with those scores for 2010. waiting around for another year will probably drive you crazy and lots of schools prefer you to be what they call "academically active" meaning you have a full course load going.
hope this helps!

I believe they look at all 4 years when they are choosing for interviewees.
Then they look at the 3 best years
i don't know why that's just the way it is i think