Canadians attending international school

Started by nessaf7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nessaf7

Nessa
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a quick question for any Canadian attending, or planning on attending, a school overseas.. and having to pay the international fees.

In another post, I found the Student Loan International website, but that seems to be only for US residents. Is there anything similar for Canadians? What loans, aside from government, did you use (or plan on using) for your education overseas?

Thanks!
 
Not thinking of taking a bank loan (maybe a little only), schemes don't seem that great and it's a pain the butt since interest kicks in from virtually day 1.
I'm pretty much only looking into government funded loans. What of everyone else? Any other places where we can receive funding at reasonable return rates?
 
Not thinking of taking a bank loan (maybe a little only), schemes don't seem that great and it's a pain the in butt since interest kicks in from virtually day 1.
I'm pretty much only looking into government funded loans. What of everyone else? Any other places where we can receive funding at reasonable return rates?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yay for canadians!

have either of you been accepted anywhere yet? Where did you apply?

I applied to Guelph, Dublin, London, Glasgow, and Edinburgh. I was rejected from Edinburgh and I'm on the waitlist for Glasgow, and haven't heard anything yet from the other 3, just that my apps are in..

:luck: