Apr 6, 2010
1
0
0
Status
Pre-Medical
As we speak $6000 are being wired over to Ireland :eek: Always knew it was going to cost a lot but once you see the money leave that's when it really hits you!

I thought I'd start this thread for any Canadians who are going or thinking of going to UCD this September. It would be great to know a few people before landing in Ireland and we may be able to help each other out as we prepare for our departure.

So here's what I've done so far….

-wired over the deposit through RBC. It takes at least a few business days for the bank in Ireland to receive your money so make sure you keep this in mind so you don't miss the deadline to accept the offer.

-applied for line of credit at RBC. RBC has the professional line of credit for 150K but because I am leaving the country my parents have to co-sign (they think I'll marry an Irish or get kidnapped by a leprechaun and not return :D)

-as for the rest (I calculated at least another 150K but not sure if this is too much or too little :(), I'm looking to take out another line of credit with my parents. My agent is trying to figure out if it will be best to have two separate lines of credits or combine to have one line of credit.

-going to look into Government grants next


That's all for now,
 

Handsome88

7+ Year Member
May 15, 2009
474
13
151
Status
Medical Student
As we speak $6000 are being wired over to Ireland :eek: Always knew it was going to cost a lot but once you see the money leave that's when it really hits you!

I thought I'd start this thread for any Canadians who are going or thinking of going to UCD this September. It would be great to know a few people before landing in Ireland and we may be able to help each other out as we prepare for our departure.

So here's what I've done so far….

-wired over the deposit through RBC. It takes at least a few business days for the bank in Ireland to receive your money so make sure you keep this in mind so you don't miss the deadline to accept the offer.

-applied for line of credit at RBC. RBC has the professional line of credit for 150K but because I am leaving the country my parents have to co-sign (they think I'll marry an Irish or get kidnapped by a leprechaun and not return :D)

-as for the rest (I calculated at least another 150K but not sure if this is too much or too little :(), I'm looking to take out another line of credit with my parents. My agent is trying to figure out if it will be best to have two separate lines of credits or combine to have one line of credit.

-going to look into Government grants next


That's all for now,
I'm still on reserve. ABP told me i only have 10% chance of getting an invite. Do you mind telling us your stats?
 

MintJulep

5+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2010
34
0
91
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm still on reserve. ABP told me i only have 10% chance of getting an invite. Do you mind telling us your stats?
10%?! Now I'm scared. My application made it in right at the deadline (March 15th), and I've been patiently waiting ever since. Maybe I'll send ABP an email tonight. What did you ask them? The status of your application?
 
Dec 26, 2009
8
0
0
Status
Pre-Medical
I applied to UCD.The only irish school that i applied to lol.
I am just finishing up my second year at ubc , currently doing bsc.
The chances of getting into a canadian med school look slim,
so i applied to ireland.

I didnt get an answer, after the first round of offers went out...
I emailed ABP and they said that, i have to wait...apparantly
another round of offers go out later on...and perhaps rejections
start getting sent ..ekk

but i am still unsure..returning back to british columbia is next to
impossible as stated by previous grad students.....and 6 years
away from home....and having so much debt...i'm still uncertain
regarding if its going to be worth it....

but i guess might as well let fate decideee.....hopefully i'll get in
if its the best thing for mee....
 

Handsome88

7+ Year Member
May 15, 2009
474
13
151
Status
Medical Student
10%?! Now I'm scared. My application made it in right at the deadline (March 15th), and I've been patiently waiting ever since. Maybe I'll send ABP an email tonight. What did you ask them? The status of your application?
I specifically asked them what was the percentage of students on reserve that get an acceptance in the past. They said ~10%. My stats aren't great either so I'm probably far down the waitlist...