Quantcast

canadians in BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

behand

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys does anybody know of any good loan comp, for us schools. other than Canhelp... I am canadian and planning to attend BU..thanks (Ihave a canadian cosigner), can you guys(canadians in BU) tell me a little. is it possible that I dont get loans. My credit is good, and my canadian cosigner credit is good as well.
thanks

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since your credit is good. Try credit line for various banks. Right now I have opened a credit line with RBC and they will give me $125,000 Cdn, less other loans with an interest rate of prime + 1%.

behand

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I am already thinking of RBC, but that is only 125000 cdn for 4 years. Can you please tell me how or from wich other bank can I get loan for the rest, and is it easy proccess, or should I worrey about not being able to get loan. thanks

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After when I have used up RBC's, I think I will be heading toward applying for CanHelp like everyone else.

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Actually Bank of Montreal also offers 125,000

I would stay away from CanHelp because after reading their contract there seems to be many hidden fees and it seems for every thousand you borrow you pay 2 thous back! seriously.....

If you borrow 25,000 you have to repay almost twice that amount..... I'm going through the banks first!

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would stay away from CanHelp because after reading their contract there seems to be many hidden fees and it seems for every thousand you borrow you pay 2 thous back! seriously.....

Guess that's why they are able to give out large sum of loans to students.

behand

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have one more question. I am again a Canadian student and I have to fill out the student DATA form to obtain visa, and today I called Boston and the lady scared me allot, she said that in order for me to obtain visa, I have to have someone
who can afford my tuition and expenses, to sign for me or else I will not get visa. I am applying to get loans, so I am really worried, can you guys help me out with this question, if you have gone through the same procces, can you tell me how easy it is to get the visa and did you have to provide somone who could afford to pay for you. thanks all.....:(