Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do any Canucks want to share their infinite wisdom on studying in the US?
I just want to know what kind of hurdles I'll be facing as a Canadian when I start Year 1 Pharm.D. Dunno what I am getting myself into when I move to the States...
Internships: More paperwork? Disadvantage compared to US students?
Jobs: Can I work outside of campus?
I-20: What on earth does a I-20 get me?
Cars: In New York State...if I bring a car, do I need to get a NY driver's license, NY insurance, new plates?!?
Dollar exchange: I heard that XEtrade is the site to use if I need to change CAD to USD? Is this so?
Where to work?: Are you guys planning on staying in the States or going back to Canada?
That's all I can think about on the top of my head, any other info is much appreciated
I just want to know what kind of hurdles I'll be facing as a Canadian when I start Year 1 Pharm.D. Dunno what I am getting myself into when I move to the States...
Internships: More paperwork? Disadvantage compared to US students?
Jobs: Can I work outside of campus?
I-20: What on earth does a I-20 get me?
Cars: In New York State...if I bring a car, do I need to get a NY driver's license, NY insurance, new plates?!?
Dollar exchange: I heard that XEtrade is the site to use if I need to change CAD to USD? Is this so?
Where to work?: Are you guys planning on staying in the States or going back to Canada?
That's all I can think about on the top of my head, any other info is much appreciated
a I-20 get you what you want..the chance to study here...without a I-20 even with your Canadian Citizenship all you can do is visit....make sure to understand the rules that governe the I-20.