Canadians studying in U.S writing CDN boards

Started by Galen1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Galen1

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How exactly does this work? I'm gonna probably end up studying at NYU, will I have the chance to write the Canadian boards during school without conflicts with my classes?? Also, upon graduation if I have passed all CDN boards, can I start working in Canada right away with my NYU degree?

Any input would be greatly appreciated 🙂
 
Galen1 said:
Come on aren't there any Canadians out there???


You need to pass the NDEB in Canada and then you are able to apply for registration in any province - you may need to take a 1-2 day ethics and jurisprudence course - this is part is included in Canadian Curriculums but graduates of american or other provincial schools take the course offerd by the College of Dental surgeons.

I took NDB in March of the year I graduated and registered for the ethics course offerd by the Royal college of dental surgeons of ontario.

That was it - pretty basic and easier - there is no practical compent or test like in the US.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Galen1,

I'm another Canadian resident (Ontario actually) thinking of applying to US dental schools. I was wondering how many US schools did you apply to, and how was the procedure like? I took the DAT and I'm wondering what other tests I need to take in order to apply to American schools. Thanks 🙂
 
DrRob said:
You need to pass the NDEB in Canada and then you are able to apply for registration in any province - you may need to take a 1-2 day ethics and jurisprudence course - this is part is included in Canadian Curriculums but graduates of american or other provincial schools take the course offerd by the College of Dental surgeons.

I took NDB in March of the year I graduated and registered for the ethics course offerd by the Royal college of dental surgeons of ontario.

That was it - pretty basic and easier - there is no practical compent or test like in the US.

How do think about CAN exams? How is it comparing to American part I $ II? How did you prepare for the exams? How much time you put in preping? Did you write the exam before graduation or postgraduation? we appreciate your info.