Cancel App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSUDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you cancel your application to a school?
I applied to UofP, but I got a 19/20/16 so I want to cancel my application there. I think I contact the school, but would I email admissions, or what? Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

OSUDDS said:
How do you cancel your application to a school?
I applied to UofP, but I got a 19/20/16 so I want to cancel my application there. I think I contact the school, but would I email admissions, or what? Thanks for any help.

There's no need to cancel, just give it a few weeks and it will be a non-issue.

HermeytheElf said:
There's no need to cancel, just give it a few weeks and it will be a non-issue.

the thing is, i want to cancel my app. and not wait

Members don't see this ad :)
just leave it. why do you have to cancel it now?

OSUDDS said:
the thing is, i want to cancel my app. and not wait

you already paid why would you cancel? you cannot get your money back.

WS :)

Well, I'm applying to a fair number of schools and I heard UofP wont consider anyone who doesn't have at least a 19/19/19, so I figured I would cancel UofP and add Nova, which I heard weighs the PAT section less.

OSUDDS said:
Well, I'm applying to a fair number of schools and I heard UofP wont consider anyone who doesn't have at least a 19/19/19, so I figured I would cancel UofP and add Nova, which I heard weighs the PAT section less.

but since you've already paid, there's no point in canceling. if UofP sends you secondaries or asks for more money, just ignore them.. and they won't complete review anyway.

OSUDDS said:

From AADSAS instruction page:
"Withdrawing your application

If you wish to withdraw your application from consideration, contact the dental schools directly. AADSAS does not provide refunds to applicants who choose to withdraw applications from any or all dental schools.

Substituting or Deleting Dental School Designations

AADSAS does not accept requests to substitute or delete schools after your application have been submitted. If you wish to remove your application from consideration at a dental school(s), contact the dental school(s) directly."

correct me people if I'm wrong, but if you cancel one school from AADSAS, that doesn't mean you get to add one for free.

DDS:) said:
U can cancel, log in ur aadsas page, and click on school designation, there is ADD/DELETE button, which allows u to cancel ur app.

I know, I wish I checked this earlier, but I submitted June 15th and it says my printout mailed July 28th. I called UofP to cancel and the lady there didn't know what the hell was going on, then she put me on hold for a while. When she came back, she told me to call next week, when the printout comes in and she'd pull the application out. So, I guess its resolved... Oh well. Thanks all.

PS, I know you can't substitute... I paid extra money, plus paid the ADA extra money to send scores.

It stinks. Just pay AADSAS more money and don't respond to the schools when they send you the materials if you know you don't/can't go their. Some schools will still send you the secondary and fee request even if you are not eligible for admission at that institution. Do not send the schools more of your money unless you really believe you could get in and go.

OSUDDS said:

hey there...i think you heard wrong...AVERAGE for the USC class of 2010 was 19 AA and 19 TS i forgot the PAT..if i were you i would go for it...

and reapply i def agree with you, but its a business for them as an applicant we have to determine where we feel we can get in

Why do you guys keep questioning the OP for wanting to withdraw. The guy just wants to drop, and wants to know how to do it. He never said anything about refunds or getting money back he just asking how you cancle.