jeanniebluebird

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2005
54
0
Status
Hi all,
Just a quick reminder to anyone who has received acceptances to their top choice: Cancel any of your post Dec 1st interviews if you are sure you will not go as soon as possible. This is only fair to the rest of the applicants who are still waiting to be called. :thumbup:

I just cancelled 12/9 NYU and Pitt 1/9. Also, if you want to move your interview date up you should probably contact your schools and check.
 

jabeck74

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2005
138
0
Status
Dental Student
jeanniebluebird said:
Hi all,
Just a quick reminder to anyone who has received acceptances to their top choice: Cancel any of your post Dec 1st interviews if you are sure you will not go as soon as possible. This is only fair to the rest of the applicants who are still waiting to be called. :thumbup:

I just cancelled 12/9 NYU and Pitt 1/9. Also, if you want to move your interview date up you should probably contact your schools and check.
Great idea. Please cancel so the rest of us can have a chance.
 

sahard23

Sahar
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2005
20
0
36
Los Angeles, CA
Status
Dentist
jabeck74 said:
Great idea. Please cancel so the rest of us can have a chance.
I'm going to be canceling my Uconn interview Dec 19th, so if anyone wants to move up their interview date, let me know I'll let trisha know at the school.

Also does anyone have a Vegas Interview that they are not planning to go to, that way I can move up my UNLV interview, thanks!
PM me if you have any questions!
 
About the Ads

mkdhappy

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2005
104
0
Rosemead
Status
Pre-Dental
what's a good way to tell them you want to cancel? I plan to cancel quite a few of mine...shall i post those dates up so people can move up theirs? or how does it work? i'M pretty sure i want to cancel UCSF, UNLV, Michigan, and BU. cuz i'M GOIN TO UCLA!!!!! CONGRATS TO all of us w/ news already. and to others...HANG IN THERE...there's still a lot of time. *have faith* *and good luck* and PRAYING HELPS. =)
 

ramona_k

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 26, 2005
276
0
36
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Also to those who's gotten to their top choice school remmeber to withdraw your application from other schools. That would be the first thing that I'll do next week.
 

cowsgomoo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2004
684
0
Alpharetta, GA
Status
I will be canceling my interview at BU but it won’t be much help to many as it’s scheduled for March.
 

E. coli

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
136
0
Status
I was going to cancel my interview at Temple on Dec 14, 2005. But the problem is that I already bought my plane ticket and it's non-refundable. I really have no preference in whichever dental school I go to. I guess I will have to go because I don't want to waste my plane ticket, which is like $500.
 

pOiiMiiOq

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2005
39
0
Status
Pre-Dental
E. coli said:
I was going to cancel my interview at Temple on Dec 14, 2005. But the problem is that I already bought my plane ticket and it's non-refundable. I really have no preference in whichever dental school I go to. I guess I will have to go because I don't want to waste my plane ticket, which is like $500.
can u sell ur ticket to others? i don't know, just a suggestion.
 

drengineer

Back to surfing!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2005
598
1
Status
1992Corolla said:
i'm just going to be a no show.
I don't think that's such a good idea. You should atleast let them know that you are not going to come so that they can assign that slot to somebody else. Otherwise it'll waste their time and slot and we all know there is atleast a couple hundred people who dearly want that interview slot.
 

pbure

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2004
688
0
39
Canada
Status
drengineer said:
I don't think that's such a good idea. You should atleast let them know that you are not going to come so that they can assign that slot to somebody else. Otherwise it'll waste their time and slot and we all know there is atleast a couple hundred people who dearly want that interview slot.
i will be canceling dec 15th at case. i found out they take a very limited number of canadians..and i'd much rather be in boston or nyc anyway.
 

saycheese

Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2005
90
0
Status
Pre-Dental
good reminder.. will do asap.
 

Lake Powell Lvr

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
46
0
Status
E. coli said:
I was going to cancel my interview at Temple on Dec 14, 2005. But the problem is that I already bought my plane ticket and it's non-refundable. I really have no preference in whichever dental school I go to. I guess I will have to go because I don't want to waste my plane ticket, which is like $500.
I also bought a nonrefundable ticket to temple (through delta) BUT you can pay the airline a change fee of usually 50 or 100 bucks and just use the ticket some other time. I don't think you get your money back, but at least you can use it later for something that you actually NEED. Also, you can go wherever you want, you don't need to go to Philadelphia, you just get the credit towards another ticket you buy. And it's usually within a year that you have to use it. So use it to fly home from dental school for Thanksgiving or something.

As for those of you who are not needing to go to any other interviews, please cancel! Coming from someone who's on waiting lists, I need all the opportunities and help I can get!!!
 
About the Ads