Cancel TY interview if during an audition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No way, don't cancel. In my experience, programs offering aways usually give you 3 days off (they just might not tell you). Days off are mainly for the purpose of interviews. It won't look bad if you go on an interview, everyone knows how 4th yr is structured.

Members don't see this ad :)
i would first ask the TY program if there are other dates available. if not, then ask whether its a TY program you really like. if yes then go, if not, then I wouldn't go...unless the audition rotation isn't what you expected (which may be the case...)

No way, don't cancel. In my experience, programs offering aways usually give you 3 days off (they just might not tell you). Days off are mainly for the purpose of interviews. It won't look bad if you go on an interview, everyone knows how 4th yr is structured.

This sounds pretty ridiculous, but I'm going to need 7 days off for interviews during my next away rotation month. I know this doesn't look good and I hope they'll understand how tough it can be to coordinate interviews during 4th year. On the other hand, this particular program has started to send out interview invites but I have yet to receive one so perhaps they won't mind. I've considered canceling this away rotation, but it's too late.

Yeah, this away program hasnt offered me anything, but it appears hasn't sent anyone else offers either. So, not sure. Plus, I'm gonna need to attend as many TY and prelim invites that I'm getting ... the anesthesia side isn't looking too bright currently.

Isn't rule #1 don't do aways during interview season? I think if you start taking time off it defeats the purpose of doing an away (working your ass off for a month to audition).

Isn't rule #1 don't do aways during interview season? I think if you start taking time off it defeats the purpose of doing an away (working your ass off for a month to audition).

Yes, but sometimes it's the only time available.

No worries - decided I'm going to cancel the audition seeing how they now started sending out invites and I did not receive one currently. 1 month should suffice, no need to spend 2 months there ...