Canceled Pediatric Board Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peds77777

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I could really use advice now. I am scheduled to take the Board exam tomorrow in Glendale but I just got notified that it was canceled (the day before the test). Since it is a Sunday I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone in at ABP or Prometric. Did anyone else get this cancellation email? Has this happened to anyone in the past? What should I do? Due to my fellowship schedule, I really need to take it this year. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wow...that's bizarre.

I think you should still show up at the testing site, but be making your phone calls first thing in the morning trying to figure out what happened.

Wow...that's bizarre.

I think you should still show up at the testing site, but be making your phone calls first thing in the morning trying to figure out what happened.
Thank you! That was my plan in case the email was sent as a mistake

Members don't see this ad :)
It was really canceled but the ABP extended the dates available so I am able to take it in 2 weeks when I could find a location near me that worked with my schedule. So if this happens to anyone in the future it is very stressful but will work-out (fingers crossed my new appointment doesn't get canceled)

Reactions: 1 user
Did they tell you why it was cancelled? I heard some were cancelled due to the hurricanes...
"Technical Issues" There was some kind of server issue so it can happen anywhere. Weather is perfect here!

This happened to several of us at a PearsonVue testing center -- several taking the Surgical Critical Care boards as well as Vascular Surgery boards.
If somebody encounters it again, by all means show up at the testing center as planned and call your appropriate board FROM the center. We also made PearsonVue give us something in writing stating that we had showed, in case there were any issues.
The ABS actually ended up being very accommodating and allowed us all to take our respective tests whenever it was convenient (we all thought we'd have to wait a full year)