Quantcast

canceling interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ak47

flossy flossy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
361
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
how bad does it look to cancel an interview for later this week because i got accepted to my state school?? i almost feel obligated to go since i really wanted to go there for undergrad and now i might finally get the chance. and the fact that the interview is for this friday and now its monday and it's kind of rude to cancel last minute. but they expect this right? but state school vs. other states public school?!?! help please!
 

Jake8

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
544
Reaction score
0
If there isn't a chance of you going to that school then don't interview there. It is a waste of your time and a waste of theirs. They then have to spend time reviewing your application which could be used for someone else.
 

somethinpositiv

Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
21
how bad does it look to cancel an interview for later this week because i got accepted to my state school?? i almost feel obligated to go since i really wanted to go there for undergrad and now i might finally get the chance. and the fact that the interview is for this friday and now its monday and it's kind of rude to cancel last minute. but they expect this right? but state school vs. other states public school?!?! help please!

Cancelling your Interview:

Pros:
-Save $$$!
-Save Time.
-Easier decision.
-Prevent damage to ego if rejected after interview.
-Give an extra interview to someone eagarly awaiting an interview.

Cons:
-You might like that school more than your state school, after you visit (which may be bad for your bank account in the long run)
-Rude? No, they'll understand. It's Dec 1st, it's their fault for scheduling your interview Post Dec 1st. If they really wanted you as badly as other schools (like your state school) did, than they would have given you a Pre Dec. 1st interview. So it's the school's own fault if people cancel their interviews after getting accepted on Dec 1st.

If I were you I might go if it were in close driving distance, or if you already paid for the plane ticket/hotel. Otherwise, I see no problem with you turning down the interview.
 

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2007
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
15
how bad does it look to cancel an interview for later this week because i got accepted to my state school?? i almost feel obligated to go since i really wanted to go there for undergrad and now i might finally get the chance. and the fact that the interview is for this friday and now its monday and it's kind of rude to cancel last minute. but they expect this right? but state school vs. other states public school?!?! help please!

I think if you're satisfied with your state school and are about 95% sure you want to attend they, I would cancel your interview. However, if you tour this school you might like it or give you a different perspective, etc. Also, it depends how much of a cost difference between schools.

Congrats on your acceptance
 

ak47

flossy flossy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
361
Reaction score
0
Cancelling your Interview:

Pros:
-Save $$$!
-Save Time.
-Easier decision.
-Prevent damage to ego if rejected after interview.
-Give an extra interview to someone eagarly awaiting an interview.

Cons:
-You might like that school more than your state school, after you visit (which may be bad for your bank account in the long run)
-Rude? No, they'll understand. It's Dec 1st, it's their fault for scheduling your interview Post Dec 1st. If they really wanted you as badly as other schools (like your state school) did, than they would have given you a Pre Dec. 1st interview. So it's the school's own fault if people cancel their interviews after getting accepted on Dec 1st.

If I were you I might go if it were in close driving distance, or if you already paid for the plane ticket/hotel. Otherwise, I see no problem with you turning down the interview.

they originally offered me a day in november but i had another interview scheduled then already so i picked this week.
its a 4 hour drive....no plans have been made except to leave at 3am and be back around 8 or 9pm.
and i really really wanted to go to this school for undergrad but i got waitlisted twice and never got in. so i guess thats the primary reason i applied - cuz i didn't get in the first time around. blahhh
 

DiNoZeRo2o9

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2008
Messages
513
Reaction score
0
I would just go if it is only 4 hours away.
 

Jake8

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
544
Reaction score
0
3 am and accepted to your #1 all the more reason to sleep in and let them spend their time on someone else
 
Top