Cancelling August PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

poptropica

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the practice pearson test and scored around the 62-80%. This is my third time taking it. I don't feel ready to take the august pcat and the cancellation deadline has past, at this point I feel like I should take the October test and am not prepared for the august one.

My problem is during the october test I will have classes going on at the same time and also will be studying for the pcat. I want to apply this year for pharmacy school (GPA: 3.0) but if I take the october pcat scores won't come in until late november.

For those who took the october pcat, did you start the application process while waiting for your pcat score or start it after you received your scores?

Although none of the schools I'm applying to have rolling admissions. Applying to Texas Southern university, Texas A&M, and Feik School of Pharmacy.
 
Take the August PCAT and then take the PCAT again in October. Even if you don't feel like you are ready, it is really, really good practice. You will learn how to manage your time, see what you need to improve on for your next test, and you may do just fine. You can fill out your whole application at PharmCAS and they will just wait for your results from the October test if that is what you indicate. If you don't take it in August and wait for October and then feel pressured that you may not do the best you can at that time, you may regret it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You should probably take the test and consider the no score option. So, If you feel like you didn't do well, you can use the no score option at the end of the test...no one will ever know you took the test...it'll just be your little secret. and then take the PCAT in october. Good luck!
 
I agree with FarmGurl. I took the PCAT in June as a no score. The schools will never see that you took the August test. Also, most schools only take the recent score anyway. It's really up to you but if you want to get more practice in, then take the test as a no score. You'll be about $150 bucks but...at least you will get more practice.
 
personally, I believe you should score it and nail it. It's true that you may not being doing well on the practice tests, but you'll never know how well you will do on the real thing unless you get a score. Heck, most people think they do worse than they really do. that is usually NOT the case. Besides, if you scored it and did bad, you will know WHAT sections you need to focus on rather than getting no scores and just going by your gut feeling. I know PLENTY of people who have taken the PCAT without OCHEM or microbiology and have done fine.

"impossible is nothing". study your ass off, man up, and make the PCAT your bitch.😀

What if you ended up no scoring a would-be 98%? you'd never forgive yourself for that😉 I say go for it. good luck
 
Hello,

I am currently registered to take the pcat exam on August 21, 2010. However, I would like to take the exam in October instead. As the cancellation date has passed, I was wondering if the option to register for the Oct exam opens up only after Aug 21, and whether there are any seats available in Oct at this point.

Thanks so much.
 
brendarita - I think its too late to cancel the Aug registration but I think you can still sign up for Oct one now - have you tried ?

If you are no show I suspect it listed on Pearson's report to Pharmacy schools as a no show.