Cancelling DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kingfisha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is is possible to not send DAT scores after you've taken the test and gotten your results. I'm thinking of taking the test again in August, and if I don't do well, obviously I don't want the schools to see the test. I coulnd't find anything on the ADA site.

Members don't see this ad.

Kingfisha said:
Is is possible to not send DAT scores after you've taken the test and gotten your results. I'm thinking of taking the test again in August, and if I don't do well, obviously I don't want the schools to see the test. I coulnd't find anything on the ADA site.

My understanding is that they'll eventually see all of your scores...I believe they can see the results of the last 4 DAT attempts. ;)

You cannot cancel you DAT scores. Once you take it, the schools on your list will see your scores no matter what.

Can you cancel during the exam so that you won't have to wait 90 days if you know you'll do badly? I know you could for the SAT...

Members don't see this ad :)
you cannot cancel your scores at all, at any point once the test has begun....Sorry

Mich212 said:
you cannot cancel your scores at all, at any point once the test has begun....Sorry

last time i took the test, at the very end, right before you saw your scores, you could cancel or save... so maybe things have changes since last August.

OP: on your Aug DAT application, if you have written down the name of any school to receive your scores, it will. For other schools to receive the scores, you need to make additional requests. So if you are unsure of your future performance and have not yet registered for DAT, you can register but not list any schools.