• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

seattleDO

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
There might be a thread for this already, but I couldn't find one:(...

I was just wondering if people who cancelled their upcoming interviews at schools would be willing to post where they cancelled and for what date the interview was scheduled.... That way those of us hoping to get an earlier interview could call and try to change our date! Thanks in advance:)

digital01

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
what schools are you hoping for? I'm pretty positive I'm about to cancel one.

About the Ads

MCATTT

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I am planning to decline interview on DMU and CCOM, but I have not done it yet. I am so freaking confused. :(

Pugnacious

Wife studies; I just surf
10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2006
Des Moines, Iowa
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Today, wife and I finally decided to cancel her interview at AZCOM for 3/6/2007. Heading to DMU, nothing is going to change that so what's the point?

EEL08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2006
AZ
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Today, wife and I finally decided to cancel her interview at AZCOM for 3/6/2007. Heading to DMU, nothing is going to change that so what's the point?

Are you and your wife both going to DMU?

Pugnacious

Wife studies; I just surf
10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2006
Des Moines, Iowa
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Are you and your wife both going to DMU?

Nope...only she is going there (but I will be using the exercise stuff :) there as we are both runners). I am transferring with the company I work for here in Colorado to Des Moines. 'Bout time for me to do something further while she is in school there so going to go the MBA route at UI: http://www.biz.uiowa.edu/mba/

But I have helped plan this whole thing for her since we first decided to go this route. Was up to her to do well in school, MCAT, interviews, etc. I researched where to apply (and also where I could transfer or maintain a good job), how to apply, all that good stuff. Came up with a top ten that we thought would most enable her to succeed: DMU at the top. AZCOM second-ish.

seattleDO

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
what schools are you hoping for? I'm pretty positive I'm about to cancel one.

I was hoping someone would cancel at comp- my interview is march 30th, and it's my first choice. I have family in the area and could get there on short notice... wait and see i guess!

Testy McAterson

Bermuda Triangulated.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2006
your mom's house
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i would definitely keep calling comp. ESPECIALLY since it's your first choice. people cancel all the time. i ended up landing earlier interview dates than originally scheduled at both azcom and comp by being friendly but persistent. i let azcom know they were my first choice and they placed me in an open spot for two months sooner than originally scheduled :luck:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.