Cancelling post-Dec interviews after acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mello88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations for those with acceptances!:clap:

I was wondering if it is safe to cancel post-Dec interviews if I got into other schools I like more.
It's actually this Friday, and I am concerned if it would affect my acceptance to other schools...
It sounds unlikely, but just wanted to ask and be safe!
Also, should I mention the reason for cancelling or should I just be like "I won't be able to make it"?
The schools will probably know why already though..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Of course it'd be fine to. If you're not going, no point in interviewing.
Cancelling frees the school up to interview people that would potentially go there. Also helps people trying to get in by freeing up an interview slot.

Reactions: 1 users
cancel it. If anything, its more unprofessional to just waste their time if you aren't interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im attending anyways, partly because I already spend 700 bucks on airfare and it's Vegas.

I purposely set up a few of my interviews post Dec 1st when I was interviewing. I did this to save the airfare if I was accepted somewhere. Not harm cancelling it IMO.

Last edited:
Im attending anyways, partly because I already spend 700 bucks on airfare and it's Vegas.
LOL, so did I. I'm still contemplating if I should cancel the interview and just go relax in Vegas instead....

All about Southwest Airlines. Cancel your flight anytime, full refund! Granted, it is Vegas.....