cancelling scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ismail5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was not able to postpone/reschedule my DAT this Monday because I was stupid and didn't realize it had to be two business days and not just two days and Im not prepared at all. I was wondering if there was such a thing as cancelling the scores after you have taken the test. My cousin has done this but she was taking the MCAT.
Also if it is possible to cancel does that count as one of the three times you can take the DAT? And does it look bad on the application?
Is it better to not show up at all?

Members don't see this ad.

I was not able to postpone/reschedule my DAT this Monday because I was stupid and didn't realize it had to be two business days and not just two days and Im not prepared at all. I was wondering if there was such a thing as cancelling the scores after you have taken the test. My cousin has done this but she was taking the MCAT.
Also if it is possible to cancel does that count as one of the three times you can take the DAT? And does it look bad on the application?

Hello, sorry to hear this misfortune, yes it is possible to cancel the score at the end of the test and it will not be sent to any schools designated. I am not certain it is even kept in your file when you cancel, I think it is basically like never doing the test at all, like forfeiting. It probably would look bad on an app because it would appear that you are not a well organized person. But like I said I do not think it is even kept in your records. But you need to think if you would want to waste $190 just to Cancel. The upside is its a possibility you will get a good score and also you get the experience of the real exam and you can better prepare afterwards. There is no teacher like experience. My 2 cents, wish you the best.:luck:

You should've just not show up. Granted you would lose the money, but it wouldn't count as an attempt if you did not take the scheduled test.

Scores are virtually impossible to cancel - unless if the test center got robbed or burned down while you are taking the test or something.

You should've just not show up. Granted you would lose the money, but it wouldn't count as an attempt if you did not take the scheduled test.

Scores are virtually impossible to cancel - unless if the test center got robbed or burned down while you are taking the test or something.

So are you saying if I did show up but cancelled the score at the end it would count as an attempt that the schools could see or an attempt that counts as one of the three?

Members don't see this ad :)
don't go to the exam, if you go your scores will show and be counted as 1 of 3 attempts.

can you sign up for another test within next three months?

just wondering.

Im pretty sure I can, does anybody know if you have to apply again to take the DAT? When I initially signed up there were a lot of times open, including the very next day

If I blow off the test will there be a record kept of it? Say when I do take it and keep the scores will it show that I had not shown off for a previous testing time?

Not quite sure but I could swear there was a way to cancel your grades at the end and opt not to see the scores? am I wrong? anyone?

Not quite sure but I could swear there was a way to cancel your grades at the end and opt not to see the scores? am I wrong? anyone?

There is a "submit now" button at the end of the test, but that isn't for cancellation purposes.

If you simply don't submit and decided to walk out of the test, your score will still be recorded once the time is up.

So are you saying if I did show up but cancelled the score at the end it would count as an attempt that the schools could see or an attempt that counts as one of the three?

You can't cancel the score once you started.

However, you can opt not to show up, and doing so wouldn't count as an attempt - you just lose money that way.

You can't cancel the score once you started.

However, you can opt not to show up, and doing so wouldn't count as an attempt - you just lose money that way.

Just wanted to say that I find your avatar comical Jigabodo, as cardinals don't have teeth to floss.