-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Candidate vs Fully accredited pharm schools
Started by PharmAces
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, you are allowed to sit for the NAPLEX and therefore receive your license. If the school is at least halfway decent, it should receive full accreditation when they graduate their first class though.Can a graduate from an AACP candidate school be able to take the pharmacy licensing exam?? I know the AACP site says they have same rights and priviledges as a fully accredited one, just wondering if they mean licensing too.
Can a graduate from an AACP candidate school be able to take the pharmacy licensing exam?? I know the AACP site says they have same rights and priviledges as a fully accredited one, just wondering if they mean licensing too.
I was under the impression that candidate schools that graduate their first class of pharmacist receive full accreditation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was under the impression that candidate schools that graduate their first class of pharmacist receive full accreditation.
There are a couple schools that didn't get full accreditation until a couple of classes graduated...I think Appalachian was one? I forgot the other one...maybe USN?
There are a couple schools that didn't get full accreditation until a couple of classes graduated...I think Appalachian was one? I forgot the other one...maybe USN?
Lol Appalachian looks like the biggest POS school ever. God help them.
Lol Appalachian looks like the biggest POS school ever. God help them.
St Joseph's just screwed some peeps over. Then there is Harding <<--which has discriminatory policies against gays/lesbians and anyone who wants to have sex outside of marriage (or anyone who wants to drink and smoke on or off campus). I don't want to bash anybody here, but I find the latter school's policies a bit disconcerting.
St Joseph's just screwed some peeps over. Then there is Harding <<--which has discriminatory policies against gays/lesbians and anyone who wants to have sex outside of marriage (or anyone who wants to drink and smoke on or off campus). I don't want to bash anybody here, but I find the latter school's policies a bit disconcerting.
Wow, I didn't know that. Are they open with that kind of information? I didn't know that was legal! lol
Wow, I didn't know that. Are they open with that kind of information? I didn't know that was legal! lol
Yeah, it is on their website. I guess anything is legal in this country as long as it is protected by "religion" or whatever....
In regards to St. Joseph's, at least they paid back the students their application fees after they did not get pre-candidate status. But, I doubt they will pay back all the plane tickets and hotel costs for all those people that flew there for a whole lot of nothing.
You can get a feel for the school when you interview. St. John Fisher College has candidate status (first class graduates this semester) and they had a talk about it. They were very organized and knew what they were doing. We are not allowed to discuss exactly what happened during the interview so sorry that was vague. If you have questions about a candidate school, I would visit the school (either at the interview, open house or if they have appointments) to help get a feel for the school and to answer any questions.
I interviewed at Lipscomb(candidate status) a few weeks back and they spoke about this in great detail.
In a nutshell, Candidate status schools and their students have the same rights/privileges as "Full" schools....minus they haven't officially graduated a class yet. The students can still sit for the NAPLEX and become fully licensed Pharmacists and so on and so forth. The jump from Pre-Candidate to Candidate is the real important step and is a clear indicator that the school is on the right track. After that, it's just a matter of upkeep and graduating a class.
Like someone mentioned above, the vast majority of Candidate schools become Full Accredited after they have graduated a class or two.
In a nutshell, Candidate status schools and their students have the same rights/privileges as "Full" schools....minus they haven't officially graduated a class yet. The students can still sit for the NAPLEX and become fully licensed Pharmacists and so on and so forth. The jump from Pre-Candidate to Candidate is the real important step and is a clear indicator that the school is on the right track. After that, it's just a matter of upkeep and graduating a class.
Like someone mentioned above, the vast majority of Candidate schools become Full Accredited after they have graduated a class or two.
D
deleted329060
There are a couple schools that didn't get full accreditation until a couple of classes graduated...I think Appalachian was one? I forgot the other one...maybe USN?
Interesting..... so what happened to the first few graduating classes? Were they able to practice pharmacy upon graduating?
Interesting..... so what happened to the first few graduating classes? Were they able to practice pharmacy upon graduating?
School that have candidate status have the same privilege as those who are fully accredited. Students can sit for the board and practice. Appalachian college of pharmacy is now fully accredited.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the average GPA range for classes entering a candidate school?
I believe that would be school specific.
They graduated 2 classes before becoming fully accredited. So if that's the case, it's still not the reason for them.I think that Appalachian is a three year school so I am not sure if it takes the standard four years or if you can get fully accredited after graduating a class after three. Just a thought.
What's the average GPA range for classes entering a candidate school?
I believe that would be school specific.
Yeah, but probably on average a bit lower than at other schools. New programs are less likely to attract as many "top" applicants. If you're (fairly) certain you can get in (or at least be competitive) almost anywhere you want - unless you have some compelling reason to want to go to a specific school why waste the time and money (sending scores, application, interview, etc.) with a candidate school that doesn't have an established program, and if it's only pre-candidate...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
E