Can't decide on MCAT schedule/resources?

Started by canmed96
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

canmed96

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, i will be writing the MCAT next year but i really want everything sorted out and planned very early. I want to do content review now so i know what to focus on moving forward. I have browsed this site and there are many conflicting opinions. Here is what i have available to me right now: (willing to buy whatever i need)

Old TBR set
Old (7th) EK set
New Kaplan Biochem
Next Step Psych/Soc

What should i get, and what schedule should i follow?
 
I would buy a new set (either full Kaplan or TPR) Buy the new EK for extra practice and use the old TBR for more questions.
Don't forget to buy everything the AAMC has (Q banks, practice exams, guide, etc).
Schedule is up to you and whatever works/fits with your life. Those I've talked to who have scored high said they gave themselves enough time to read through the bookset three times. Once for initial content review and twice as they went through practice problems/exams and found material they needed to work on.