Can't Decide....Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ODallTheWay

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well My first question is, I'm a senior now applying to colleges and I narrowed it between 2 CUNY schools, either Queens College or Hunter College. I want to apply to SUNY of Optometry as well, however was wondering if Queens College will give me that opportunity? is it a good enought school?

My second question is, when is the best time to declare my major? right away or wait? Any help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

If you know what you want to major in, why not declare it now? I don't know anything about the CUNY's but I know at some schools they make you declare before a certain time - I know at my school you have to declare before your sophmore year.

I would think the sooner the better on declaring a major. If you wait too long then you will end up being in school longer since you have to take more of the prereqs. I would try to pin down a major within the first three semesters. That way you can graduate in four or five years. I know some people that waited too long and still havent' graduated after six or seven years.