1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Can't schedule UCSF Interview!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Mrxle3, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Mrxle3

Mrxle3 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi guys. I received a notification by e-mail that UCSF would grant me an interview, and I've been literally trying for a few days now to call them by phone to schedule it. Did anyone else have trouble contactin Ana Garay-Kong? I've emailed her and left several messages already!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mepstein

mepstein Member
    5+ Year Member

I just tried calling this morning a few times. no answer and a full mailbox, i just sent them an email about changing my december 8th interview because i have a final that day. when is your interview scheduled for? does the 8th work better for you?? i hope this gets organized soon

4. JenniferHays

JenniferHays New Member

Pre-Dental
    Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I was contacted on Tuesday, and I still haven't heard back from her. Maybe she's on vacation. :(

5. PDizzle

PDizzle PreDents.com
    Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I got an email at 4pm on Tue and she called me the next day at 9am. I'm scheduled for Jan 9th.

Mep, I'm willing to trade if you can get through. :) keep trying!! :laugh:

It looks like this is their second wave of interviews and she's a bit bogged down I figure.

6. Obelix

Obelix Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Congrats to you all! I wish I had the same problem as you... Can I ask when you submitted your secondary application to UCSF? Thanks and good luck!

7. PDizzle

PDizzle PreDents.com
    Partner Organization 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I recieved my card instructing me to submit a 2ndry ap on Sep 13. I mailed it about 3 days later.

Good luck on getting an interview. :)

One thing of note: Two days before I got my interview invite, I got a letter saying both my LoR's did not satisfy their science requirement and my application is incomplete and unreviewable!! What does this mean? I have no earthly idea but I'm gonna roll with it!

8. Mrxle3

Mrxle3 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yep! I got the e-mail on Tuesday at 3:34 pm, and I cannot get through to them at all =(

9. dat_student

dat_student Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

#1) Leave a msg on their answering machine
    #2) Send an email message
    [DO BOTH]

10. lindandy

lindandy I like soup!!!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

I got my letter and called three times leaving a new message each time. I finally was called back the following week and have and interview scheduled on Dec. 8th. I had a hard time understanding her with her accent though!

11. eapleitez

eapleitez Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I got the same letter for one of my science letters, that had me thinking WTF. I tried calling and leaving messages 5 or 6 times to no avail. I think UCSF so far has some pretty bad service. I never got a call or email back.

12. Tche

Tche Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Same problem

13. KCHANG418

KCHANG418 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

I saw people really getting problem contacting the ucsf interview corrdinator. but i didn't faced any difficulty at all. i recieved an e-mail this monday afternoon, then i sent an e-mail and left her a voice message at the same time. then she gave back to me next day about 9 am and left me a message, which i didn't get the call. so, i called her during the noon. i reached her and scheduled an interview on jan. 9th. as a result, it basically took me one day to set an interview, which did not take any trouble.
    therefore, in my opinion, i think ucsf's service is pretty fast and good. (maybe i am really lucky or what. i don't know....) :D