cap fellow after pgy2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenders567

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've heard of one program that allows pgy2s to apply to their CAP program and has them finish their PGY3 after their CAP 2 year. Has anyone else heard of that or is aware of programs that are open to that?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I've heard of one program that allows pgy2s to apply to their CAP program and has them finish their PGY3 after their CAP 2 year. Has anyone else heard of that or is aware of programs that are open to that?

Yes. A program near where I attended medical school has applications for CAP starting winter of PGY-1, so they start that track at the beginning of PGY-2. Basically they lose their electives in PGY-2, then do outpt during 3rd year, and the normal 4th year is rolled into the fellowship which starts PGY-4. Basically, they lose almost all of their electives to make it 5 years total. They don't do outpt after CAP, but it doesn't seem like a completely unreasonable path assuming everything else is covered.

Yes. A program near where I attended medical school has applications for CAP starting winter of PGY-1, so they start that track at the beginning of PGY-2. Basically they lose their electives in PGY-2, then do outpt during 3rd year, and the normal 4th year is rolled into the fellowship which starts PGY-4. Basically, they lose almost all of their electives to make it 5 years total. They don't do outpt after CAP, but it doesn't seem like a completely unreasonable path assuming everything else is covered.

So to clarify, I'm looking for names of programs so that I can apply to them. I'm a psych resident.