CAP fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

damemasmais

Reaction score
Long time lurker & first time poster here. I am an incoming PGY1, DO, with poor board scores (450s on both 1/2) considering CAP fellowship. Was curious what I would have to do to during residency be a competitive applicant 3 years down the road. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Long time lurker & first time poster here. I am an incoming PGY1, DO, with poor board scores (450s on both 1/2) considering CAP fellowship. Was curious what I would have to do to during residency be a competitive applicant 3 years down the road. Thanks!

Continue to have a pulse. Don't get fired. Avoid criminal convictions. End of list.

Reactions: 7 users
Agreed with above, CAP programs were practically begging me to sign on, save for the top programs..

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed with above, CAP programs were practically begging me to sign on, save for the top programs..

are top programs out of reach due to board scores or is there still something I could do to get a spot in one?

are top programs out of reach due to board scores or is there still something I could do to get a spot in one?

I don't think people for many fellowship programs in any field care much about your Step 1 and 2 scores once you're actually in the residency program. They care much more about how you've actually done in residency.

But yeah, if you're looking to get into any CAP program, they routinely don't fill all the slots. It shouldn't be a problem as long as you're halfway decent during residency.