CAP - how many programs do I need to match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fenders567

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I know its hard to say when you don't know my stats or particulars. But I have so many interviews scheduled for CAP, 12 scheduled so far and have gone to 6. How many do you think I need to match? I getting pretty tired and broke and I just want to feel like I know I will match. What is the minimum I need to match?
 
Hard to say! Some years its not competitive at all and people will match with 3 ranks, other years people have dropped as low as 7+ on their list if they rank only hyper competitive programs.
 
12 would be quite a lot, if the programs aren't hyper competitive I would be pretty happy with 6 assuming you interview reasonably well and have a semi-decent application. Might want 1 more safety program and 1 more reach program but I would not go to 12 if it is draining you/your finances.