cap on the amount of classes I can retake

Started by PTkid1815
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PTkid1815

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is there a limit on how many classes I can retake? I am trying to retake 4 pre-req classes that I didn't do so well in my undergrad years that I got Cs in. Does this look bad?
 
I've never heard of a cap, although it's always a good idea to check with your specific schools. Some schools have odd rules. Otherwise, even it looks bad it looks way less bad than C's.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't heard of any caps in the amt of classes, only caps on the amt of individual course retakes.
 
The University of Mary, ND, will only accept retakes in two classes. We do accept a higher level course to substitute for a lower level course, and we do not consider this to be a retake. For example, Organic Chemistry 301 and 302 could substitute for General Chemistry 101 and 102. And this would not count as retakes.
 
Some have caps on retakes per individual class. And some have caps on retakes for number of total classes retaken.