Capacitance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I get that if we charge a capacitor with a battery, we can then discharge the capacitor across some load like a light bulb.

I'm sort of hazy on the concept of whether the voltage/charge will be the same as the battery though. If we charge the capacitor with the battery, to my knowledge the voltage be the same as the battery, but its charge will be dependent on the area of the plates, the distance between them, and the presence of a dielectric? Would discharging the capacitor across a light bulb produce a greater light intensity as opposed to the light bulb being connected to a battery of the same voltage?

Members don't see this ad.

I get that if we charge a capacitor with a battery, we can then discharge the capacitor across some load like a light bulb.

I'm sort of hazy on the concept of whether the voltage/charge will be the same as the battery though. If we charge the capacitor with the battery, to my knowledge the voltage be the same as the battery, but its charge will be dependent on the area of the plates, the distance between them, and the presence of a dielectric? Would discharging the capacitor across a light bulb produce a greater light intensity as opposed to the light bulb being connected to a battery of the same voltage?

I would like to know this as well.

@aldol16

Do you mind answering this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk