Capstone Projects in DPT Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTX2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to gather information regarding capstone projects in DPT programs. If you attended or are currently attending a DPT program with a capstone project requirement I would appreciate some info regarding the options provided for the project.

Does it have to be research based or did you have different options such as: International Service Learning, Practice-based, Community-based, Educational, etc? Also, are you given the option to develop your own project and implement it? How much time were you given to complete the project?

Thanks in advance to all that respond!

Members don't see this ad.

I am trying to gather information regarding capstone projects in DPT programs. If you attended or are currently attending a DPT program with a capstone project requirement I would appreciate some info regarding the options provided for the project.

Does it have to be research based or did you have different options such as: International Service Learning, Practice-based, Community-based, Educational, etc? Also, are you given the option to develop your own project and implement it? How much time were you given to complete the project?

In my program, you pair up with a faculty member and do a systematic review project on a topic. However, their are some limited opportunities to make your capstone interactive such as working with the pro-bono clinic and etc...

Reactions: 1 user

In my program, we have 3 broad choices - research, education, or community. We are nowhere near beginning these yet (second tri) and we are the first cohort so no senior students to ask, so I am fuzzy on details.
I *think* we have a couple of tris to do this, and we start it in our second year? We do develop our own project but in some cases, if our interests align with a faculty member, we can work with them on complementary projects to their own research.

I created a continuing ed course.