Car rental for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jc237

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had to rent a car for five days for my california interviews. If you go to the individual car rental websites (ie. enterprise, hertz, budget) or the ones that are linked to airline websites (ie after you purchased plane tickets), the cheapest compact car was ~ $40 a day. I was about to pay this, until somehow I found Hotwire.com, where I was able to get the exact same car from same rental agency from the same airport terminal, for $21 a day. I saved $100.

Guys, don't get screwed by paying FULL price on rental cars!!! Go to Hotwire.com. There might be other similar sites like hotwire, I'm not sure. OK, just don't want you guys to get screwed like I almost got screwed. Good luck on your interviews. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Im paying $291 tax and fees included for a full-size car (Impala, etc.) for 13 days starting the week after Thanksgiving. Im gonna put about 4K miles on that sucker, too.

I used our local Entertainment! coupon book to get a free upgrade and went directly from their website, it works out to like $18 a day plus tax.

Do any of you know if any of the reputable rental car companies don't charge the extra $25 per day for drivers under 25? Just looking to save a few bucks here and there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Idiopathic said:
Im paying $291 tax and fees included for a full-size car (Impala, etc.) for 13 days starting the week after Thanksgiving. Im gonna put about 4K miles on that sucker, too.

I used our local Entertainment! coupon book to get a free upgrade and went directly from their website, it works out to like $18 a day plus tax.

I like how you think, Idiopathic. I'm gonna try to go nuts on the miles too, just to show Budget that I ain't no sucka. Now, would someone please tell me where all the strip clubs in socal are?

Idiopathic said:

Man, I got screwed! I'm paying like $390 for some little Geo Metro thing for 8 days!!! Used that American Medical Student Assoc. discount...think that saved me all of 8 bucks!! Wooooooooo.

Tried to priceline it first but it wouldn't let me "name my own price" so I just went to the Alamo website. Maybe I'll give hotwire a chance next time. Thanks for the tip! :thumbup: