Cardinal Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ccpink

Reaction score
Would you work for Cardinal Health from home part time, 7 on/7 off 9am to 3pm for $55/hr? I'm trying to decide between that and working PRN at a hospital 40 mins away for $65/hr. I've never worked from home before. I'm afraid it will be too boring.

Members don't see this ad.

Why not do both gigs? Work the hospital shifts around Cardinal.

I’ve been WFH for over two years now. Not for everyone but I think it’s great. I was very hesitant like you when I started.

Reactions: 1 users
Would you work for Cardinal Health from home part time, 7 on/7 off 9am to 3pm for $55/hr? I'm trying to decide between that and working PRN at a hospital 40 mins away for $65/hr. I've never worked from home before. I'm afraid it will be too boring.

It's only 42 hours per two weeks? Do you get benefits? As the poster above said, that's plenty of time to do both jobs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The only benefits are 401k and some PTO time. I know there are no benefits with PRN. I’m finding it hard to go back to full time to get the benefits when I no longer have student debt and have two school aged kids. My husband is self employed at home. Hard to find motivation haha.

curious to know what kind of work you would be doing at Cardinal

curious to know what kind of work you would be doing at Cardinal
They wanted me to cover a hospital in my home state doing orders. This allows them to have less staff and local pharmacists the ability to do more on the floors. I decided to take the prn job instead.

I have been trying to hook up with Cardinal for years, can't seem to get past the automated / computer metrics. I have over 36 years of hospital experience, know Epic, Cerner, meditech, and CPR+. Would love to work remote for them.

Reactions: 1 user
I know somebody who worked overnights for Cardinal 7 on 7 off- but then they lost some contracts and she was laid off after working for them for 10+ years. She liked the gig, it was easy, but that kind of loyalty scares me away vs a hospital job that is much less likely to disappear.

Reactions: 1 users
I know somebody who worked overnights for Cardinal 7 on 7 off- but then they lost some contracts and she was laid off after working for them for 10+ years. She liked the gig, it was easy, but that kind of loyalty scares me away vs a hospital job that is much less likely to disappear.
Excellent point! But I am not trying to make a career out of it, I got 4 yrs to retirement, wouldn't mind taking it for a test drive.

RXDOC: How do you know when it's time for retirement?
A very good question. Hoping there would be a sign. Maybe a decline in mental acuity. Maybe, one morning, not being able to get out of bed.
Or when SSA says here is your full retirement money! I wish I knew, just happy that I don't have to keep working. I really do enjoy my profession.

Nice formula!
25 X $$$$, + SS (Paid in MAX amount since 1986!) projecting $4000/month + 401K (managed well by FP)
Our expenses are very high at the moment, due to lifestyle and homeowner expenses (no mortgage)
Looking at retiring by 102!
Once we give up our house for a little rental townhouse, we should be okay, and net about $1.3-1.4 million
My daughter goes to college, when I turn 66 (no, didn't have kids late, also have a 33 and 28yo)- I seriously plan to hang it up