Cardio and Pulmonary DO Friendly rotations in Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alias5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in doing a Cardio and Pulmonary rotation in Miami, Florida. What are some DO friendly hospitals there?
Any rotations with any particular physicans/ hospitals you recommend?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing more annoying that hearing a young MS3 using the wrong slang for a specialty..

Agreed, although I've heard cardio used very often for cardiology. The one I hate the most is when people say they want to go into ER (EM) :boom:

Nothing more annoying that hearing a young MS3 using the wrong slang for a specialty. Kind of like that high school student in the surgery forums who kept talking about how he wanted to be a "Cardio Surgeon".

The OP is going to think I'm being a tool, and probably going to post some indignant response about how unhelpful I am. But seriously, when you can't even get the specialty name right, you're not going to get a residency there.

We had a student who came in and kept calling it "Orthopeds". No spot for her, let me tell you.

"Cardio" is what you do at the gym.

"Cardiology" or "Cards" is what you do at the hospital.

Funny and helpful ...

:smuggrin:

Agreed, although I've heard cardio used very often for cardiology. The one I hate the most is when people say they want to go into ER (EM) :boom:

You're right I should have used the right term,
but you all know what I meant
and all you could do was ridicule.
Thanks!
Here I am putting myself out there asking for help from people who might know more about things than me and not one of you said anything remotely helpful nor did you answer the question.
Residents, thanks for making fun of me it was really mature of you.

See the affiliated hospitals links on the websites for Nova and LECOM-B.

Also see the hospitals in Florida that host AOA residencies on opportunities.osteopathic.org.

See the affiliated hospitals links on the websites for Nova and LECOM-B.

Also see the hospitals in Florida that host AOA residencies on opportunities.osteopathic.org.

You're right I should have used the right term,
but you all know what I meant
and all you could do was ridicule.
Thanks!
Here I am putting myself out there asking for help from people who might know more about things than me and not one of you said anything remotely helpful nor did you answer the question.
Residents, thanks for making fun of me it was really mature of you.

Don't mind Tired. He's just bitter he landed in the wrong residency. Belittling people online is one of the few remaining joys he has left since he's the one getting reamed at work.

Check out Mount Sinai Medical Center / Miami Heart Hospital in Miami Beach, they have both MD and DO internal medicine residencies. :thumbup: Plus its in South Beach! :cool:

Oh little med student, some day you'll learn that there are more important things in this career than selecting "DO-friendly hospitals".

Things like using the right verbiage.

Yeah, because saying cardio instead of cardiology on an online forum is going to have a tremendous effect on the OP's residency aspirations. Get real.

I called you out for backing up the child-molesting LECOM student?

Oh good. You've resorted to making up lies now. How utterly surprising.:rolleyes:

That's enough. None of that is helpful for the OP and the question they are asking about. Please stay on topic and dont attack posters.

On a side note, Cardiology has been referred to as "cardio" at ALL the loctations I have been at including my residency program. Just my 2 cents.