Cardio-Thoracic Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted95116

Are there any combined Adult & Peadiatric Cardio-Thoracic Fellowship Programme in the US

Members don't see this ad.

Englishgasman said:
Are there any combined Adult & Peadiatric Cardio-Thoracic Fellowship Programme in the US

Try Texas Children's in Houston. You might be able to work out an arrangement with them and the guys at St. Luke's.

if you are primarily interested in doing kids, then i don't think you need a combined program. most pediatric fellowship grads i've worked with do pedi hearts too. the only real advantage to doing an adult cardio fellowship, imho, is that you get the TEE cert too. otherwise, this doesn't really put you on a pedestal in the OR... yet (i.e. unless they make the cardio fellowship an ACGME accepted year). just my $0.02.

VolatileAgent said:
if you are primarily interested in doing kids, then i don't think you need a combined program. most pediatric fellowship grads i've worked with do pedi hearts too. the only real advantage to doing an adult cardio fellowship, imho, is that you get the TEE cert too. otherwise, this doesn't really put you on a pedestal in the OR... yet (i.e. unless they make the cardio fellowship an ACGME accepted year). just my $0.02.

Already on its way. Check out the ACGME web site.

Adult cardiothoracic