Cardio-Thoracic Fellowship

VolatileAgent

Livin' the dream
15+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2005
    if you are primarily interested in doing kids, then i don't think you need a combined program. most pediatric fellowship grads i've worked with do pedi hearts too. the only real advantage to doing an adult cardio fellowship, imho, is that you get the TEE cert too. otherwise, this doesn't really put you on a pedestal in the OR... yet (i.e. unless they make the cardio fellowship an ACGME accepted year). just my $0.02.

bubalus

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jul 9, 2004
      VolatileAgent said:
      if you are primarily interested in doing kids, then i don't think you need a combined program. most pediatric fellowship grads i've worked with do pedi hearts too. the only real advantage to doing an adult cardio fellowship, imho, is that you get the TEE cert too. otherwise, this doesn't really put you on a pedestal in the OR... yet (i.e. unless they make the cardio fellowship an ACGME accepted year). just my $0.02.

Already on its way. Check out the ACGME web site.

Adult cardiothoracic

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.