Cardiology and money !!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kabab

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all ; i am a resident in Internal medicine and considering taking a fellowship in cardiology .

I am very fascinated about the heart and its electricity and the expanding science of cardiac interventions .
I am also very interested in the money !!!!! :D

How much does these procedures cost in the USA and other regions of the world particularly Germany?

Coronary Angioplasty
Coronary Angioplasty & stenting
Catheter ablation of accessory pathway
Cardiac resynchronization therapy
Implantable cardiovertor defibrillator
Closure of PDA , ASD , VSD

Members don't see this ad.

Google didn't help much, i thought i could get an answer from those who work on the field .

Thank you in advance .

There is no answer to those questions. It depends on a variety of factors, contracts, locations, payor type and patient demographics. Also, are you referring to physician fees or total cost. ie. Hospital charges.

Let me answer your questions another. No one knows how much a dose of Lovenox costs. Because it depends on about 25 independent factors.

It's also irrelevant. If you're into the money, the OP'd be hard pressed to find a more lucrative option out of IM, period. Not that I condone that sort of motivation...but the reimbursement for specific procedure types is irrelevant because the answer is "it changes" and "it depends" and "it will always be higher than any of your other options." :p