Cardiology residency in Canada

Started by Nobory
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nobory

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everybody.
I have a foreign medical university diploma that is accepted by the medical council of Canada (MCC). Afterwards I studied cardiology residency that is not accepted by MCC. I have 10 year work experience as a cardiologist. Now I am seeking ways to study cardiology residency in Canada. What are my chances and are the ways. Thanks in advance!
 
You can try applying for sub-specialty of cardiology fellowships in Canada. Just search up echocardiography fellowship canada and you will find the programs with these fellowships. There are fellowships in echo, EP, intervention, imaging, adult congenital etc. Usually they last 1-2 years, they are mainly suited for people who want to find jobs back home.
 
Hello everybody.
I have a foreign medical university diploma that is accepted by the medical council of Canada (MCC). Afterwards I studied cardiology residency that is not accepted by MCC. I have 10 year work experience as a cardiologist. Now I am seeking ways to study cardiology residency in Canada. What are my chances and are the ways. Thanks in advance!

The MCC is not responsible for residency training or equivalency evaluation. The Royal College is. You may not have to redo your cardiology residency training.
See the links below.

The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada :: Assessment routes for international medical graduates
The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada :: Practice Eligibility Route (PER) for specialists

Assuming you are in Ontario, see the link below for IMGs and independent practice:
| Independent Practice Certificate of Registration | Registration Requirements | Registering to Practise Medicine in Ontario | College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario

Again, the MCC (medical council of Canada) has nothing to do with your licensure, they are the ones who make up the MCC exams (MCCEE, QEI, QEII, Nac OSCE).