Cardiology subspecialty applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dreemer005

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is a lot of information in these forums about applying to Cardiology fellowship. However, there seems to be very little about applying to the subspecialties after fellowship.

I was wondering if anyone is currently a subspecialty fellow. I'm curious as to what matters in the applications to the subspecialties (i.e. interventional, EP, heart failure / transplant, imaging). I would imagine that by that stage of one's career, board scores, etc. mean a lot less. Is it primarily based on where you are doing fellowship and your letters of rec? Do ABIM scores matter at all?