Care.com?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For the Love

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know how familiar everyone is with Care.com, but it is a site where people can advertise jobs for child care, pet care, home care, etc. You can also list your resume and things about yourself if you are looking for a job in a certain area. The pet care section is for everything from pet sitting while someone is away to dog walking to simply playing with a pet from time to time to picking up after an animal.

I have used the pet care section since I was a teenager. Obviously these jobs were short term and often unsupervised, but would it be worth throwing into the animal experience hours?



I tried to search for threads regarding this, but I had no luck. Sorry if this has been talked about before!
 
I don't know how familiar everyone is with Care.com, but it is a site where people can advertise jobs for child care, pet care, home care, etc. You can also list your resume and things about yourself if you are looking for a job in a certain area. The pet care section is for everything from pet sitting while someone is away to dog walking to simply playing with a pet from time to time to picking up after an animal.

I have used the pet care section since I was a teenager. Obviously these jobs were short term and often unsupervised, but would it be worth throwing into the animal experience hours?



I tried to search for threads regarding this, but I had no luck. Sorry if this has been talked about before!

If you can estimate the approximate number of hours spent pet sitting, I would include it. No need to mention the website, really - just add up the hours and explain what it involved.