^^Care to explain^^

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hahahahaha this made me laugh

Jeez, there really seems to be a strict hierarchy on these forums. I feel like such a little kid whenever I read what the SDN veterans have to say. I've been lurking on this site since like tenth grade and I'll be a college freshman in the fall. I'm almost afraid to ask questions because I don't want the other SDNers to think I'm stupid, annoying, immature (etc). It's weird because I don't know any of you IRL but I've come to respect certain users. Then I get off the computer and kind of laugh at myself because it's stupid to care about what a bunch of people on an internet forum think of you. Then I get back on here and totally care again, haha. To the older SDNers, do you remember when you first signed up and you might have asked some stupid questions? Did you feel intimidated about posting? Or were all of you just badasses from the beginning ;)

That's the beauty of argument, if you argue correctly, you're never wrong. Don't ask questions on SDN - have arguments!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow guys. I'm really learning. All this is just a goldmine of information...I just wanna hold someone...:)

BTW, my use of the word "annoy" in my above post is probably understated in many cases. Some of my friends in some classes have used some pretty violent language towards these obnoxious students (not to their face of course). I may have partaken in this as well. It really is bothersome, especially in larger classes.

Same in my courses. One girl literally asked 12 questions a day (I counted...), and they would be the simplest things. Like "Professor, two days ago you said SN1, did you make a mistake today and say SN2?" WTF really?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same in my courses. One girl literally asked 12 questions a day (I counted...), and they would be the simplest things. Like "Professor, two days ago you said SN1, did you make a mistake today and say SN2?" WTF really?

I guess asking questions can be annoying after a while....

Those people deserve a kick in the face.

Wow guys. I'm really learning. All this is just a goldmine of information...I just wanna hold someone...:)

.......................*sigh*

I am imagining your evil raccoon avatar asking this and it's hilaaaarious.
:smuggrin:
evil-raccoon.jpg
greatest post ever

Long time lurker, just started posting after 3 years of college. Mostly because EVERY question I ever had, a million pre-meds had before me. A good use of the search tool usually ended up with my question answered and linked to better questions others asked. The veterans are just a little tired of rehashing for those who are too lazy to use the search function ;), can't blame them.

Just use the search function and the bounty that is sticky's. With that said, if you have a question that you really can't find anywhere, free game! Hope this helps.

SDN Newcomers: Please heed this advice.

Good post. :thumbup:

I was just lookin at the UTSW's website and looking for the reuirements it takes to get a BS in nutrition, when I stumbled on the medical school page. I poked around for a bit then I saw this:

567Untitled.png

I was pretty surprised when I saw this. Why is the range of GPA and MCAT so spread out? If a person has a 3.1, 24Q, and gets admitted....:eek: I'm just so stoked right now...

Does anyone have any ideas....The same thing is on tyhe TCOM website, but is quite the opposite, where the highest mcat received is 37 and a 3.5 gpa (3.48 bcpm)....I am not really surprised though because its tcom:rolleyes:, but sw...HOW!

tumblr_lcd7inOJ3B1qdhmlzo1_250.gif

I was just lookin at the UTSW's website and looking for the reuirements it takes to get a BS in nutrition, when I stumbled on the medical school page. I poked around for a bit then I saw this:

567Untitled.png

I was pretty surprised when I saw this. Why is the range of GPA and MCAT so spread out? If a person has a 3.1, 24Q, and gets admitted....:eek: I'm just so stoked right now...

Does anyone have any ideas....The same thing is on tyhe TCOM website, but is quite the opposite, where the highest mcat received is 37 and a 3.5 gpa (3.48 bcpm)....I am not really surprised though because its tcom:rolleyes:, but sw...HOW!

I'm sure the adcoms have kids :laugh:

Swiss...come on man. You said you were taking a break, NOW would be a good time to take. I keep telling you to enjoy your summer but you come back with crap like this...think before you post

Members don't see this ad :)
Swiss, though you seem extremely annoying, I found you very entertaining. :nod:

a pretty mouth coupled with a profound ability to suppress one's gag reflex works wonders, mah boy.

everyone needs to chill...leave the kid alone. if you want to answer the question, answer it. if not, then ... have fun making sarcastic jokes at the kid cuz he a ******* for asking dumb questions...

jk swiss

how do people get in with an MCAT of 18?

They are the Disadvantaged URM Niece of and adcom who has a 4.0GPA has a million hours in ECs including saving babies, has been doing cancer research since the 4th grade, and has just found a rare South African fern that when steeped on olive oil counters the side effects of chemotherpy. :cool:

You can't make assuptions about people based on numbers, esp. one number. :rolleyes:

I came back on and decided to thumb through the thread again. Sorry for asking the stupid questions. For those of you who think I am trolling...I am not and for those who think I am clueless (love that show!)...I am DEFINITELY NOT. I just overlooked a few things, that's all....I will use the search function next time...

I'm pretty jealous of Texas residents, even though it no longer matters.

I'm drooling over how fat these numbers suggest it is down there... and cheap to boot.

+1 Texas

I'm pretty jealous of Texas residents, even though it no longer matters.

I'm drooling over how fat these numbers suggest it is down there... and cheap to boot.

+1 Texas
too bad you gotta live in texas..