• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Career change 2020/ one more year syndrome?

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2016
Anyone have any tips on beating one more year syndrome?

Been telling myself I would move on from pharmacy when I hit a certain $ amount, but I keep lingering around cashing paychecks. I believe the phrase my old DM used was "mailing it in"

been thinking of doing Teach for America

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
About the Ads

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2016
Don't see what's wrong about "mailing it in" as long as you are meeting job requirements and not taking a big fat dump on workflow

Doing Teach for America won't turn out like Dangerous Minds

Just feels weird hanging around after reaching $ milestones and I should be doing something more enjoyable.
Then I realize I made 1200-1300 ish this weekend for doing not a lot, sitting in AC and eating most of the day

Upvote 0

Deja

10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2009
  1. Pharmacy Student
Just feels weird hanging around after reaching $ milestones and I should be doing something more enjoyable.
Then I realize I made 1200-1300 ish this weekend for doing not a lot, sitting in AC and eating most of the day

let me take that burden of a job you don't want so you can finally fulfill your dreams, you don't have to thank me

Upvote 0

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2016
Do something enjoyable with your time off.

I'd love to be at 32/week.

Have you tried stepping down or switching companies? the only nationals that I think will be easier is kroger and albertson corp.

I been reading a lot, can't bring myself to go to the gym (corona)

let me take that burden of a job you don't want so you can finally fulfill your dreams, you don't have to thank me

When I am finally replaced I can assure you my spot will go to a new grad eager to take my job for 15$ less per hour. Because they want to help people.

Upvote 0

spacecowgirl

in the bee-loud glade
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Innisfree
  1. Pharmacist
I'm still licensed and maintaining BCPS but I'm not practicing pharmacy anymore. I work in the biotech industry, no pharmaceuticals. It's weird to realize that I've left pharmacy practice, likely for good. Wow. But just in case, I keep that license and certification. I have priced myself out of anywhere now though...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.