Career change 2020/ one more year syndrome?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on beating one more year syndrome?

Been telling myself I would move on from pharmacy when I hit a certain $ amount, but I keep lingering around cashing paychecks. I believe the phrase my old DM used was "mailing it in"

been thinking of doing Teach for America

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't see what's wrong about "mailing it in" as long as you are meeting job requirements and not taking a big fat dump on workflow

Doing Teach for America won't turn out like Dangerous Minds

Reactions: 3 users
Don't see what's wrong about "mailing it in" as long as you are meeting job requirements and not taking a big fat dump on workflow

Been standin' most our lives living in a gangsta's paradise ohhhhhhh

Members don't see this ad :)

Just feels weird hanging around after reaching $ milestones and I should be doing something more enjoyable.
Then I realize I made 1200-1300 ish this weekend for doing not a lot, sitting in AC and eating most of the day

Do something enjoyable with your time off.

I'd love to be at 32/week.

Reactions: 2 users
Just feels weird hanging around after reaching $ milestones and I should be doing something more enjoyable.
Then I realize I made 1200-1300 ish this weekend for doing not a lot, sitting in AC and eating most of the day

let me take that burden of a job you don't want so you can finally fulfill your dreams, you don't have to thank me

Do something enjoyable with your time off.

I'd love to be at 32/week.

Have you tried stepping down or switching companies? the only nationals that I think will be easier is kroger and albertson corp.

I been reading a lot, can't bring myself to go to the gym (corona)

let me take that burden of a job you don't want so you can finally fulfill your dreams, you don't have to thank me

When I am finally replaced I can assure you my spot will go to a new grad eager to take my job for 15$ less per hour. Because they want to help people.

Yes, they want to help people. And the evil chains are laughing about that (all the way to the bank).

Pfft, f*** "one more year". If I ever get financially independent, pharmacy will kiss my ass goodbye. Chronic stress is bad for your health, so I'm not working a single day longer than I have to.

I'm still licensed and maintaining BCPS but I'm not practicing pharmacy anymore. I work in the biotech industry, no pharmaceuticals. It's weird to realize that I've left pharmacy practice, likely for good. Wow. But just in case, I keep that license and certification. I have priced myself out of anywhere now though...

Reactions: 1 user