Career change

Started by summerX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

summerX

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thinking of taking a break from PT... Has anyone transitioned out of PT into something else?? Maybe healthcare related. Just finished paying off loans and no kids so I am a bit flexible.
 
Training Manager. Ergonomic Specialist. Safety Officer. Compliance Officer (JCAHO knowledge is a plus). Claims Auditor. Patient Quality Manager. Functional Home Evaluation Consultant. LEAN systems specialist/ project manager.
 
If you don't mind me asking, why the change?

I think there are many reasons... Have worked for facilities with a lot of drama, little respect for PTs at jobs, feel like I'm geared for something more analytical. Also I feel as though I want to challenge myself with something new.

Although, I think that since I have now been out of school for a while I can notice warning signs at jobs more easily that it is a bad place to work. None of the alternative jobs seem better than PT. I was thinking of getting an MHA because I could do it for relatively cheap online or on the weekends while I work. But that also doesn't guarantee anything. My current facility isn't too bad so I think I'll just stay here longer while I decide what path to take.