Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with! Thank you in advance 🙂.
I live in Southern California and graduated from UCLA with a psychobiology B.S. degree in June 2012. I have been working in cancer research as a lab tech for the past two years. I have decided against a career in research/obtaining a PhD and after reading about and shadowing different professions I recently (a few months ago) decided I want to pursue a career in physical therapy. I am currently taking anatomy at my local CC and will be taking physiology in the spring, other than that I have completed most of my core pre-requisites during undergrad. In the last few months I have also acquired about 100 hours of volunteering/observation in outpatient and inpatient settings. I am currently in the midst of transitioning from my job in research to finding an aide position at a PT clinic.
I'm hoping to attend a PT program in California in the future. I know it's already late in the current application cycle for the class starting next fall, and because some major things are still missing from my application (i.e. the GRE) I figured for this cycle, I would only apply to one school, Loma Linda, which doesn't require the GRE. I am not as competitive as I would like to be but in the very least I want to go through the application process this year so I'll be more prepared when I apply to multiple schools in next year's cycle. What do you guys think? Also, the application deadline on PTCAS for LLU is December 1. If I e-submit my application in the next week, will I make it before the December 1st deadline since it takes some time to verify before the application is complete? Also, from my understanding, I know they need to have received all transcripts before December 1, but LORs could be forwarded as they get them even if received after Dec. 1, correct?
I would really appreciate some feedback on this as soon as possible! And any other tips or suggestions you may have that I am missing. Thank you!
I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help me with! Thank you in advance 🙂.
I live in Southern California and graduated from UCLA with a psychobiology B.S. degree in June 2012. I have been working in cancer research as a lab tech for the past two years. I have decided against a career in research/obtaining a PhD and after reading about and shadowing different professions I recently (a few months ago) decided I want to pursue a career in physical therapy. I am currently taking anatomy at my local CC and will be taking physiology in the spring, other than that I have completed most of my core pre-requisites during undergrad. In the last few months I have also acquired about 100 hours of volunteering/observation in outpatient and inpatient settings. I am currently in the midst of transitioning from my job in research to finding an aide position at a PT clinic.
I'm hoping to attend a PT program in California in the future. I know it's already late in the current application cycle for the class starting next fall, and because some major things are still missing from my application (i.e. the GRE) I figured for this cycle, I would only apply to one school, Loma Linda, which doesn't require the GRE. I am not as competitive as I would like to be but in the very least I want to go through the application process this year so I'll be more prepared when I apply to multiple schools in next year's cycle. What do you guys think? Also, the application deadline on PTCAS for LLU is December 1. If I e-submit my application in the next week, will I make it before the December 1st deadline since it takes some time to verify before the application is complete? Also, from my understanding, I know they need to have received all transcripts before December 1, but LORs could be forwarded as they get them even if received after Dec. 1, correct?
I would really appreciate some feedback on this as soon as possible! And any other tips or suggestions you may have that I am missing. Thank you!