Career in PT interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danielledj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would anyone mind answering some questions for an interview I need to complete about the education/career path of a physical therapist?

1. How did you enter this profession?
2. What kinds of duties/activities are involved in this profession?
3a. Where did you study for undergrad and graduate school? What did you major/minor in?
4. How much observation/interning did you complete before and during grad school?
5. Do you continually advance your education even though you are a certified PT? If so, how?
6. What’s the difference between a Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Masters of Physical Therapy, and Master of Science in Physical Therapy?
7. What is the potential for advancement in this profession?
8. What are the typical work hours?
9. How is job performance evaluated? On what standards?
10. What are the most satisfying aspects of this profession?
11. What are the most frustration aspects of this profession?
12. What surprised you the most about this profession?
13. Are you happy in this profession (salary, growth, job satisfaction, etc)?
14. What are the advantages of this profession?
15. What are the disadvantages of this profession?
16. Describe the personal characteristics needed for the best candidate for a job in this profession?
17. Would you encourage people to prepare for and enter this career in the future?
18. What suggestions do you have for people entering this profession?
19. Do you know how the job market for this profession will be in the future?

If you managed to get through them all, thank you very much! I really appreciate your time taken to fill this out :)

Members don't see this ad.

Would anyone mind answering some questions for an interview I need to complete about the education/career path of a physical therapist?

1. How did you enter this profession?
2. What kinds of duties/activities are involved in this profession?
3a. Where did you study for undergrad and graduate school? What did you major/minor in?
4. How much observation/interning did you complete before and during grad school?
5. Do you continually advance your education even though you are a certified PT? If so, how?
6. What’s the difference between a Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Masters of Physical Therapy, and Master of Science in Physical Therapy?
7. What is the potential for advancement in this profession?
8. What are the typical work hours?
9. How is job performance evaluated? On what standards?
10. What are the most satisfying aspects of this profession?
11. What are the most frustration aspects of this profession?
12. What surprised you the most about this profession?
13. Are you happy in this profession (salary, growth, job satisfaction, etc)?
14. What are the advantages of this profession?
15. What are the disadvantages of this profession?
16. Describe the personal characteristics needed for the best candidate for a job in this profession?
17. Would you encourage people to prepare for and enter this career in the future?
18. What suggestions do you have for people entering this profession?
19. Do you know how the job market for this profession will be in the future?

If you managed to get through them all, thank you very much! I really appreciate your time taken to fill this out :)

I don't know why you're posting these on here. Is this for a admissions interview or something? Or is this a 'interview someone' kind of thing? These questions are pretty subjective and based on personal perspectives and opinions.

No, it's not for an admissions interview. I want an, 'a day in the life' sort of thing, so actually I am looking for more of a personal opinion. This is a student-doctor network isn't it? I'm a student looking for some insight on what a career in PT actually entails, so I'm asking if Doctors of Physical Therapy have any answers.

...Why wouldn't I post it on here?

OP - I doubt anybody has time to type out longhand answers to 19 questions. I certainly don't. I forgot where I read it, but most people will not take a survey if it's longer than 15 seconds.

If you want detailed answers, take a PT out to coffee or to lunch, and ask. That's what I did when I researched the profession and wanted to know if it'd be the right field for me.