career in USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perlperl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i am from india and will be travelling to uSA in fall 2007 as my spouse is in USA.
I am a doctor and have completed my BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery ). Its a 4 1/2 year course plus 1 year of internship at hospital.

I am sure I won't be able to work in USA without doing some course.

Can you guys please suggest me what are the career options for me in USA. (I don't want to do 4 year bachelor course from scractch).

i would be happy to do a 2 year course or even less which can provide good competetive job.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Can somone please give some input on this?

Hi, i am from india and will be travelling to uSA in fall 2007 as my spouse is in USA.
I am a doctor and have completed my BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery ). Its a 4 1/2 year course plus 1 year of internship at hospital.

Can you guys please suggest me what are the career options for me in USA. (I don't want to do 4 year bachelor course from scractch).

i would be happy to do a 2 year course or even less which can provide good competetive job.

Thanks

I"m not sure what the laws are governing Homeopathic Medicine in the US and whether your training in India would be equivalent to Homeopathic training in the US (although quite anecdotally it sounds like it was much more detailed).

Are you interested in practicing as a physician in the US?

If so, I would encourage you to find out if your degree is considered acceptable to the US medical field. http://www.ecfmg.org is a good place to start.

If your homeopathic degree is not considered the equivalent of a US medical doctor degree (MD or DO), then perhaps some of your classes can be used to get advanced standing in US training programs. However please be aware that US medical schools only very rarely take non-citizens, and then, only usually when you have completed a US undergraduate degree. I would gather that this is not the case for you, so your chances of getting into a US medical school are rather slim without getting an undergraduate degree here first (and even then, if you aren't a US citizen, its still pretty tough).

Career options without additional training would be research, pharmaceutical sales (although this may be against your mind-set in homeopathy), etc. A job as a medical or physician assistant will require additional training, I'm afraid.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks

I believe without the MBBS, your training will not be seen as equivalent. I do know that there are ways to practice Homeopathic medicine without an MD. I don't really know the route to this. If your desire is to practice homeopathic medicine only, the route is probably much shorter than that of the traditional MD.

I am not looking to continue in Homeopathy. I know its not recognized in US. I am looking for something differnet..2 year course

What about Masters in Public Health or Masters in Physician assistant??
am i eligible for these courses...I have already done 4 1/2 years school + 1 year experience in hospital

or maybe some other course...

I am not looking to continue in Homeopathy. I know its not recognized in US. I am looking for something differnet..2 year course

What about Masters in Public Health or Masters in Physician assistant??
am i eligible for these courses...I have already done 4 1/2 years school + 1 year experience in hospital

or maybe some other course...
Hey

Are you still looking for the answer? There are many ways to get into 2 years courses... Let me know if you are still interested