Careers in Transpersonal Psychology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TransPsyStudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am looking to studying Transpersonal Psychology as the material/subject content interests me greatly. What I dont have clear information on is what are the career perspectives in this field? Is it simply counseling as per normal psychology/psychotherapeutic couselling or is there a differences. Are there alternative professions that a course in TP presents?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,
I am looking to studying Transpersonal Psychology as the material/subject content interests me greatly. What I dont have clear information on is what are the career perspectives in this field? Is it simply counseling as per normal psychology/psychotherapeutic couselling or is there a differences. Are there alternative professions that a course in TP presents?
Thank you!
I would contact schools that teach transpersonal psychology and ask them directly what their graduates are doing. In my understanding, all you can do is practice TP in your own private practice, but for that you need to finish a master's program which will allow you to get licensed. Make sure your TP school/program of choice allows and helps to get licensed.