Carib Student with redflags, need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mistfall1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently finally passed my USMLE Step 1 after 1 failed attempt. I scored a 240 on the retake, however it took me over a year the first time to study and now a second year for the retake. So literally I will have a two year gap in my transcript.

I have no idea how to improve my application for the next match with such huge a huge red-flag. I also need a J1-Visa which makes it even more difficult.

Members don't see this ad.

I recently finally passed my USMLE Step 1 after 1 failed attempt. I scored a 240 on the retake, however it took me over a year the first time to study and now a second year for the retake. So literally I will have a two year gap in my transcript.

I have no idea how to improve my application for the next match with such huge a huge red-flag. I also need a J1-Visa which makes it even more difficult.

Uphill battle, but may as well throw your hat in the ring. look at programs that take lots of non-american IMGS/non american carrib grads and hammer all those.