Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't posted on here in a while! Was getting SDN withdrawal... 🙂
I have a very poor undergrad and science GPA from a Canadian schools (<3.0) for both. Just wrote the MCAT, won't know how I did on that for another few weeks. Not expecting something stellar (>>>30) but not expecting something horrible (<24) just based on my practice tests (I was getting around 28-30s).
I have a 3.7 graduate GPA in my MSc with a publication and all the usual ECs (int'l volunteering, hospital volunteering, so much lab work it'll make your head spin, very brief surgical shadowing in India (while doing my int'l volunteering) and recreational sports.
How much will the big four caribbean schools care about my graduate GPA and upward trend. I just recently calculated my AMCAS gpa using a calculator I found online because my school reports in percentages. I had a 70% undergrad which gets butchered by AMCAS and an 80% average over my two senior years.
Any advice would be great. I understand based on the way GPA is calculated that I would be competitive in Australia (according to the two oz schools i've emailed) and ABP told me it would be worth it to apply to Ireland depending on my MCAT.
Thoughts? Advice? Be gentle...I'm fragile 😛
I have a very poor undergrad and science GPA from a Canadian schools (<3.0) for both. Just wrote the MCAT, won't know how I did on that for another few weeks. Not expecting something stellar (>>>30) but not expecting something horrible (<24) just based on my practice tests (I was getting around 28-30s).
I have a 3.7 graduate GPA in my MSc with a publication and all the usual ECs (int'l volunteering, hospital volunteering, so much lab work it'll make your head spin, very brief surgical shadowing in India (while doing my int'l volunteering) and recreational sports.
How much will the big four caribbean schools care about my graduate GPA and upward trend. I just recently calculated my AMCAS gpa using a calculator I found online because my school reports in percentages. I had a 70% undergrad which gets butchered by AMCAS and an 80% average over my two senior years.
Any advice would be great. I understand based on the way GPA is calculated that I would be competitive in Australia (according to the two oz schools i've emailed) and ABP told me it would be worth it to apply to Ireland depending on my MCAT.
Thoughts? Advice? Be gentle...I'm fragile 😛