caribbean med school delima..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ODorDO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my question is that... since there are so many caribbean schools out there accepting hundreds or maybes thousands of students from U.S. What is the ratio of those who actually made it back with M.D.? I read all these posts about too many students in a class (300s for Ross :eek: ), i mean there must be a lot of dropouts

Members don't see this ad.

my question is that... since there are so many caribbean schools out there accepting hundreds or maybes thousands of students from U.S. What is the ratio of those who actually made it back with M.D.? I read all these posts about too many students in a class (300s for Ross :eek: ), i mean there must be a lot of dropouts
From what I understand the attrition is not that bad, they have graduating classes of 200 plus just look at match list for SGU posted on there websit for any given year its not that bad. ;) My school is different and has much smaller classes ( like 20 to 30 per year before and now as big as 40 I hear) Out of that about 5 end up dropping at times.

300 students at Ross may not even be accurate anymore especially since SGU is pumping out ~600 students now.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should be worried about only 1 student. You!

Medical school is medical school, dont come unless you expect to give 110% of your time in studying, reading, practicing etc. Medical schools dont fail students, its the individual who fails himself/herself.

Good luck!

Medical school is medical school, dont come unless you expect to give 110% of your time in studying, reading, practicing etc. Medical schools dont fail students, its the individual who fails himself/herself.

Good luck!

Medical school is not that hard. Getting in is. The number of applicants to US schools this year is now at an all-time high, surpassing 1996. US Schools are increasing enrollment 5-15% to meet demand. This is good news for the Caribbean schools as there are 32000 applicants and many fewer spots.

Med school is all about time management. When you figure out how much you need to study to get a B, you can decide if x number of extra hours is worth it to get the A, or if your time is better spent hiking, diving, drinking, etc.

Good point, Steve. Agreed.:thumbup:

Medical school is not that hard. Getting in is. The number of applicants to US schools this year is now at an all-time high, surpassing 1996. US Schools are increasing enrollment 5-15% to meet demand. This is good news for the Caribbean schools as there are 32000 applicants and many fewer spots.

Med school is all about time management. When you figure out how much you need to study to get a B, you can decide if x number of extra hours is worth it to get the A, or if your time is better spent hiking, diving, drinking, etc.

We're allowed to settle for B's? Why didn't anyone tell me this?!?!

but i think im havin trouble gettin B's now (3rd yr undergrad:eek:).... :confused:

Well that was blunt. :laugh:

Just keep on studying, OD. What are you having difficulty on?

but i think im havin trouble gettin B's now (3rd yr undergrad:eek:).... :confused:

If you can't figure this out there may be no dilemma, Really you are stressing over this too much worry about doing well first then where to go.

if ur having trouble gettin Bs....hopefully ur school is one of the top universities in the country