Caribbean Med School Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J10sstar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'm applying to the "Big 3" for the Fall '05. I have yet to take the MCAT, and will do so in April '05. I have all the applications/essays/recommendations taken care of and I wanted to know if I should submit my applications now or after I take the MCAT? I also understand that since I'm taking the MCAT in April '05 that there is a good chance the Fall '05 classes for all 3 schools could be full. Now my question is will the adcoms just review my application for the next available semester? For example, If Fall '05 is full, will they review my application for Winter '06??

Members don't see this ad.

J10sstar said:
Alright, I'm applying to the "Big 3" for the Fall '05. I have yet to take the MCAT, and will do so in April '05. I have all the applications/essays/recommendations taken care of and I wanted to know if I should submit my applications now or after I take the MCAT? I also understand that since I'm taking the MCAT in April '05 that there is a good chance the Fall '05 classes for all 3 schools could be full. Now my question is will the adcoms just review my application for the next available semester? For example, If Fall '05 is full, will they review my application for Winter '06??
For Heaven's sake apply to U.S. schools why do you want to apply to the carribean without even trying within the country? Please give it a try first. Have some faith in God.

Sheharbano said:
For Heaven's sake apply to U.S. schools why do you want to apply to the carribean without even trying within the country? Please give it a try first. Have some faith in God.

hahahahahahaha!

Members don't see this ad :)
J10sstar said:

Yes, the schools will review your application for Winter '06 if Fall'05 is full. They will automatically do it.

Well assuming that you know for sure (and you never know for sure) that you'll not get into a US school I would apply to only SGU and AUC, I thought about applying to Ross and would have had I not gotten the money order made out for the amount for AUC instead of Ross (I was planning on submitting my Ross app first then AUC.) Well I did some searching on valueMD.com and found out that if you fail even one class at Ross you have to retake the entire semester even if you got high pass in everything else. Now to me that's just ridiculous, a way to make more money for the school, and if you take a look at ValueMD.com and read the different posts from AUC, Ro$$, and SGU you find that more students complain about Ro$$ than the other two schools combined. Take it as you want but when I see current students complaining about their school and other schools just going along fine then I have to wonder. So I decided not to apply to Ro$$ and now I'm just waiting on my SGU interview. But take all advice with a grain of salt...