Caribbean Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefool

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I wanted to know the likelihood of acceptance to one of the big 4 caribbean schools with a 2.8 gpa. What will my MCAT have look like in order to swing this right now with a pretty good application otherwise?

Would SGU be a possibility?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All,

I wanted to know the likelihood of acceptance to one of the big 4 caribbean schools with a 2.8 gpa. What will my MCAT have look like in order to swing this right now with a pretty good application otherwise?

There is a caribbean forum where students might be able to give you better info. Doing a google search reveals that there are folks at all of these schools with GPAs in your range.

Hello All,

The only sure way to find out is to apply to all 4. My guess is that due to somewhat limited class sizes, and relatively cheap tuition SABA will be more difficult to get in. Traditionally, May semester (actually trimester) is less cometative, and is easier to get in. My guess your MCAT should be around 25-26- ish. But there are many other variables that go into the adcoms decisions. Don't sweat it too much. Have no fear and apply. Also try different fora on www.valuemd.com . All of these schools have their own forum, and you'll get a lot more milage as far as Carib is concernred.

Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a chance with a 27+ MCAT and a good life story.

Hello All,

With a 27 MCAT maybe SGU, but more likely AUC ROSS or SABA, SGU is becoming he toughest to get into

With a 27 MCAT maybe SGU, but more likely AUC ROSS or SABA, SGU is becoming he toughest to get into

SGU should be becoming easier with the 400 people per semester plus the 200 people in the UK class in the same senester.

They are shooting for 450 people 2x per year in Grenada and 200 people 2x per year starting in the UK and joining the rest in their second year.

SGU should be becoming easier with the 400 people per semester plus the 200 people in the UK class in the same senester.

They are shooting for 450 people 2x per year in Grenada and 200 people 2x per year starting in the UK and joining the rest in their second year.
WOW and what's it cost? 12k a semester? X 1200 a year......14.4 million a year gross? LOL yea they are not in it for money LOL.:laugh:

Then clinicals? More Millions??? LOL:laugh:

WOW and what's it cost? 12k a semester? X 1200 a year......14.4 million a year gross? LOL yea they are not in it for money LOL.:laugh:

I think its more like $18k/semester.

This is simply revenue from the new students. The other 3 years of medical school students have to pay just as much or more. With a conservative estimate of 2,850 total students, the school is grossing $51,300,000. Tally doesn't include pre-medical students.

This is simply revenue from the new students. The other 3 years of medical school students have to pay just as much or more. With a conservative estimate of 2,850 total students, the school is grossing $51,300,000. Tally doesn't include pre-medical students.

WOW and they care about you? SGU? I think the money is the key for them not the students. Still SGU has the nicest campus though.

I have an idea for the SGU flag $$$$$$ six for the millions they make

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yes, the "nice campus" award goes to SGU.

The "creepy student body" award gos to Ross.

The "I hate anywhere but America, so I went to St. Martin" award goes to AUC.

Yes, the "nice campus" award goes to SGU.

The "creepy student body" award gos to Ross.

The "I hate anywhere but America, so I went to St. Martin" award goes to AUC.

:laugh: