caribean

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

///M5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anoyone know of all the entering students, whats the percentage on those that dont fail out or dont pass the USMLE?

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea, and I do not care. I am going to pass regardless of the history thanks to Dr. Fancis and the PASS Program, and so can you. Don't let anything stop you. Best wishes!:)

what the hell is that?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you lumped all the Caribbean schools together and did an average Step1 score it would be probably 50%. That being said, overall theres a alot of "Ghetto" med schools in the Caribbean and only a few that are the cream of the crop. Remember cream rises to the top. When I considered the Caribbean over DO schools I only applied to 4. These 4 have very high pass rates for the Step1 and thats all I was interested in. Also not to say that you couldn't become a MD from one of the "Ghetto" schools but odds are against you. Some schools won't even publish there match lists and Step1 scores, that in itself should be a warning. Now I personally hate these other schools because they give the good ones a blackeye. I hope one day they have a better ranking system and weed out the those bad ones. Only thing we have currently is how the states approve schools and Cali being the litmus test. If a school can get Cali approval then I consider it a decent school because they seem to have the toughest approval process. I believe most states are going to adopt the Cali list at some point. That might soon be the standard since some small states lack the funding to do an active background check of each and every school. Only time will tell, but that might be a way to close down the bad apples since the grads of these schools won't be able to practice medicine in any state.

I'd like to think I'm on the upper side of the ghetto. RIght next to Sanford and Son,,,,,,,OH No IT's the BIG ONE ( as Fred clutches his chest)................................

It is 100% when it comes to the only person that really matters; ME!

It is 100% when it comes to the only person that really matters; ME!

DO you have two accounts here? that other account looks a lot like you! :eek:

I'm the New and Improved Mcgill Grad!

DO you have two accounts here? that other account looks a lot like you! :eek:

Imitation is the highest form of flattery:love:

I am accustomed to having cyber-fans and cyber-stalkers. The strange thing is that it is usually a female but males such as SabaMed are welcome to be a pony in my stables:smuggrin: