Caris diagnostics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Patholo-gyst

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is going on? One of my colleagues was interviewed a few months ago and nobody ever called them back. Then another colleague (fellowship trained) had an interview there that they cancelled two days before the interview was to take place, saying they had to put it off 'indefinitely' due to 'internal human resources changes.'

The recruiter mentioned something about 'exciting new changes' at Caris. I read online that their CEO left Caris for the Susan Komen Foundation. Maybe this is recruiter-speak for the company is in trouble?

Is Caris going under?

Members don't see this ad.

Are they owned by some sort of investment group? Could potentially be going down with the rest of the ship like Linens N Things did. Maybe they have a hiring freeze or something. It's a massive operation so I doubt they are in serious trouble. To be honest though I have no earthly idea. They don't really have a presence where I am. We had a fellow get a job with them a couple years back.

Caris is owned by David Halbert's (AdvancePCS fame) venture capital firm. The pathologist employees churn out a ton of bxs every day - including overflow weekends! I would expect their growth rate to have slowed over the last year, having saturated the GI outpt market. I would try to find one of the junior pathologists on the inside and get the scoop before signing any contracts.
Good luck.