Carribbean as a backup

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ALS07

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really interested in podiatry. it's what i want to do but my grades are not very good (less than 2.5 science & cumulative; 499 mcat). I'll be applying for podiatry and taking a chance this august cycle. I was considering throwing some carribbeans schools on the backbuner as a backup. or plan b.

I don't want any crazy specialty and i just need enough of a salary to cover student loan repayment, afford a decent place to live, and help out the parents as they get older. i'm interested in primary care or any of the family medicine stuff except ob/gyn.

what are my chances if I go to the carribbeans? will i be able to land a residency in the states for primary care? i'm very opened to working in undeserved areas. they're probably the ones that are in need the most.

it's podiatry first though, but do I stand a chance at any of the big four?

Members don't see this ad.

OP has been over to pod school forums.

Can't tell if troll or if unaware of their predicament.

Hopefully OP will take a realistic look at all options and criticism, read into Carribean school realities, and make an informed decision.

Reactions: 1 user