Carrying a suit for a flight

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do Ray

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does one typically handle a suit when flying? My flight is 1.5 hrs, so I suppose I could wear it. But does anyone have any experiences ? :)

Members don't see this ad.

How does one typically handle a suit when flying? My flight is 1.5 hrs, so I suppose I could wear it. But does anyone have any experiences ? :)
Fitting a suit into a carry on isn't impossible, especially if your trip will only last for a day or two.

Put it in a suit cover and carry it on the plane. You might be able to hand it to a flight attendant who can store it for you. Otherwise, fold it nicely and put it in the overhead compartment.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had to travel with suits a lot and there’s 2 easy ways.

1 - wear it
2 - turn one arm and shoulder inside out and then tuck that into the other shoulder. Make sure the arms are lying flat and straight. Then take your pants and roll them carefully. Tuck the pants into the gap of the suit shoulder. Roll the suit up loosely while making sure that the fabric stays as flat as possible. Then place it at the top half of your structured carry-on luggage so that weight won’t press down on it.

Good luck with your interviews and best of luck!!

Edit flight -> flat lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
theres some youtube videos on how to fold it.

I also packed a mini steamer to get out any wrinkles.

Reactions: 2 users